Questions this answers:
- Do I have to enter my client's information again into carrier's eApps?
- Does Best Plan Pro do a med pull?
- What is Best Plan Pro for?
BPP is a non-binding pre-qualifier based on client's self-reported information. Each carrier has to ask its own questions in a legally-informed way and get a legally-binding answer. You will have to answer each carrier's binding questions. BPP is completely unrelated to any carrier's application process (although it may be recommended by the carrier to pre-qualify your client).
Quick easy way of thinking about it: BPP is designed to replace the step of you traversing underwriting guides, prescription guides, looking up generics, checking height/weight/state/face value restrictions, etc during the "find where to apply" stage. The extra benefit is that the case information can be stored and referred to later by someone on your team (which is ideal for cross selling) and at a later date by you/another agent on your team (which is ideal for policy review).
BPP is designed to optimize that step. Our goals when designing BPP were:
- to speed that step up
- reduce replacement risk
- help the agent minimize client omissions with well structured and robust data,
- give the agent all the info they need to make a decision on where to apply.